What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cezch Fuze for Flare Bomb vz.37

Dreamk

A new finding recently posted on the Czech metal detector forum = a nice trove:
Zapalovač pro československou osvětlovací puma vz.37 - Fuze for Czech Flare Bomb vz.37

(the last 2 pics shoiw the fuze in situ on a c utaway model of this bomb)

Zapalovač pro československou osvětlovací pumu vz.37 1.jpg Zapalovač pro československou osvětlovací pumu vz.37 2.jpgZapalovač pro československou osvětlovací pumu vz.37 3.jpgZapalovač pro československou osvětlovací pumu vz.37 4.jpgZapalovač pro československou osvětlovací pumu vz.37 5.jpgZapalovač pro československou osvětlovací pumu vz.37  6.jpgZapalovač pro československou osvětlovací pumu vz.37 7.jpgZapalovač pro československou osvětlovací pumu vz.37  8.jpg

Enjoy

They finally pulled the bomb off the shelf .. :)
Replacement of the French flare bomb.
Akon

Is the name of the bomb vz.37? I asked this because I have it listed as M37 in some translated Skoda document.

Regards,

Chris

The designation of the bomb is : "Letecká puma osvětlovací vz. 37" and this is a drawing of it:

czech flares 3 (Osvětlovací vz. 37).jpg

and here's the Pantoflicek's patent 72492 from 1937:

Flare Bomb 1937.jpgFlare Bomb 1937_1.jpgFlare Bomb 1937_2.jpgFlare Bomb 1937_3.jpgFlare Bomb 1937_4.jpgFlare Bomb 1937_5.jpgFlare Bomb 1937_6.jpg

As a matter of fact a early desigin of this bomb was the object of a patent deposed by Pantoflicek in 1929 (Czech patent 30761) but I have no idea is a flare was produced according to this early patent and entered in service (to the best of my knowledge the Czech kept using Michelin flares till the introduction of the vz.37 flare)

Flare patent 1929 1.jpgFlare patent 1929 2.jpg

The name, material, design of the fuze and its function are obvious from the drawing.
Akon.Zapalovač pro osvětlovací pumu vz.37 (kopie).jpg