What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cheap rust remover

Fred

Hi Folks
For those of us who live in the UK, you should check out your local poundland. They are currently selling "ripide" brand rust remover for just 1 per bottle. This appears to be a copy of the Hammerite or Shield products that you dilute with water to make 2.5 litres working solution.

Fred

I bought a couple of bottles but havent tried it yet. I would expect that it performs much the same as similar products.

fred

The same organization (known as the 99p shop in south England) also do 'Aquanol', the cheap alternative to Plusgas & Rustbuster for freeing up rusted iron screws. Same price, 99p.

Tony

I bought some kettle discaler from a shop in UK and tried to sort my iron out. It worked, but a quick heads up, I wish I had an S6 with me! Nearly burnt my F****NG insides out! Great stuff and worth every penny.

Rust eater exraordinary !

A friend of mine worked on the cement mixer lorries and he used an acid to clean the hardened cement off the insides of the drums when work finished.
Brilliant stuff it was too, only problem was if you didn't get the solution absolutely correct this stuff would eat any steel item as I found out to my cost, I had (operative word here is "had") a nicely crudded up 36 mills body from a mate-sadly it was like a piece of magnetic plasticene when I fetched it out with a magnet-actually the magnet did not fare too well either.:eek::thumpdown: