What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check Rounds from Germany?

copcollector

I am trying to identify these three items which appear to be check rounds. They are marked on the bottom as seen in the photographs and are not completely solid as I can hear metal pieces inside when shaken. I am also looking for a value as I might sell these. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC02036.jpg
    DSC02036.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC02037.jpg
    DSC02037.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 60
  • SCAN0002.JPG
    SCAN0002.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 86
  • SCAN0003.JPG
    SCAN0003.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 84
The caliber is 20x138B Rheinmetall. These are German armorer's dummies designated "Werkzeugpatrone". Manufactured by Polte in Magdeburg.

How would I know if they are original or repo's. The only markings are on the primer end which are depicted in the photographs. Anyone with the value and I would consider selling these.

I've got the same one, don't know either if it's original or repro. Payed 10 euros 5 years ago.

Greetz

WaA700 stamp seems to be matching together with Polte 1939 anyway. I would say 10 Euros for a quality fake would be a bargain - who would make them at that price?

Is that WaA354 Miguel? If so, the WaA-number list does not have any references of this number - so I don't know, may be matching, may be not?

Yes, I think. 354. The problem is Im sure that there are repros of the 2cm Flak dummy rounds, but Im not sure of which ones and how detect them.

Without having these items in my own hand ( and possibly even after that ) I can't say if they are original or fakes. I just compare if WaA-numbers and maker's codes match together.
I remember in the past several cases of fake items duly stamped but the maker had mixed codes and WaA's so that they were impossible combinations.

But if they are offered at 10 Euros instead of 100 Euros I rather believe they could be original.

Anyone interested in German WW2 militaria should bookmark this site: http://claus.espeholt.dk/
Here you click on "List of WaA numbers" and you have it.

Claus is interested in any new combinations of markings if you have and will update the list regularly - but to keep the list reliable he's very careful and wants to have evidence of the markings in form of sharp photos or similar. I have sent him several partlially doubtful pictures of markings which he didn't add on list for this reason.

Anyone interested in German WW2 militaria should bookmark this site: http://claus.espeholt.dk/
Here you click on "List of WaA numbers" and you have it.

Claus is interested in any new combinations of markings if you have and will update the list regularly - but to keep the list reliable he's very careful and wants to have evidence of the markings in form of sharp photos or similar. I have sent him several partlially doubtful pictures of markings which he didn't add on list for this reason.

Thanks Reino,i appreciate that. :)
cheers

waff

Can you tell if these are original or reproduction. They appear to have been used and have the same wear markings on what would be the cartridge/casing. Thank you.