What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chinese 57mm AT

bacarnal

Ordnance Approved/Premium
Ordnance approved
Does anyone have any idea what the scarcity of the Chinese copy of the 57mm UBR-271 APHE-T is? It is 57mmx480R and was used in the copy of the ZiS-2 (Type 55) AT gun. I have one that is complete to include the copy of the MD-5 fuze and lacquered brass casing. No time right now but I'll post pix later. Cheers, Bruce.

Bruce,

I haven't seen much Chinese stuff in the U.S. There might have been a little that came from Nam. The Chinese are selling their inert loaded collector rounds now, but those have the green steel cases. I've only seen the brass Russian cases in 57mm AT.

Last edited:
Can't speak for the US explicitely but they must be extreme rare to what I have seen (actually not have seen) in the past 25 years.

Pix as promised. Had to resort to the Olympus when the phone wouldn't sync.

P1231207.JPGP1231212.JPGP1231208.JPGP1231209.JPGP1231210.JPGP1231211.JPGP1231213.JPG

Bruce, nice round you got there!

Any chance you could reproduce some of the figures here?

In particular those on the fuze and those printed on the case. There the two lower rows.
Of the upper the last number given there on the right side and the lower row as a whole (just figures).
P1231211_zps72d2a8ad.jpg

Does anyone have any idea what the scarcity of the Chinese copy of the 57mm UBR-271 APHE-T is? It is 57mmx480R and was used in the copy of the ZiS-2 (Type 55) AT gun. I have one that is complete to include the copy of the MD-5 fuze and lacquered brass casing. No time right now but I'll post pix later. Cheers, Bruce.

Most of the Chinese ordnance seems to fall in 2-3 catagories. There are the earlier Vietnam recoveries as Hazord mentions, then the Gulf War recoveries, and then the later souvenir/export pieces. None are what you would call common in the collector arena, but there is a lot of it out there at different destruction sites.

Thanks for the comments, all. EOD, here are closer pix of the fuze and body stampings and the numbers that you wanted on the next to bottom row, which are 66-444. Any help deciphering all of this stuff would be appreciated. Cheers, Bruce.

P1241214.JPGP1241215.JPGP1241216.JPGP1241217.JPGP1241218.JPG

Bruce, thanks for the additional images!
I can not make out the code of the upper row of the 2 rwos needed - here it would give the propellant manufacturer. Maybe you can tell what is written there.

The fuze (copy of Soviet MD-10) is made by factory #74, the first time I see that they made fuzes too. Normally they made cases and loaded some artillery calibers (assembly of rounds).
The case is made by factory #43. They also made 76mm cases and loaded (assembled) artillery rounds.
Your cartridge was assembled by factory #444 (onown for this caliber).
I was not able to read the markings on the projectile body.

In all your round has no pen readable years applied in the lot numbers but the dates are coded by Chinese characters. That is something they did in the 60s to early 70s maybe. Unfortunately I have no handle on deciphering the encripted years (so far).

Thanks, EOD. As for the casing, the first row has three characters then 271 (UBR-271now that I think of it, maybe??). Second row ha 57 48/55. Third row has 14/7 two characters 3/character(?)-35. Fourth row has 12-character-43 in a box. Fifth row has 66-444. Sixth row has a character. Thanks again!!

I send you a document which I have write about the marking of Chinese 57 mm APHE-T Type 55(
[FONT=楷体_GB2312]1955年式57毫米防坦克炮曳光钝头穿甲弹).

[/FONT]
Capt-1503391.jpg

That would be the one. Thanks so much. So, kinda scarce. I've had this ting for 15 years and finally got the bug to find out what is was and went to. Thanks again, all. Cheers, Bruce.

Thank You to All: Mogway, EOD, and bacarnal. I was looking to ID this same round and ventured to this site via www inquiry of Chinese 57MM. I registered and so glad I did.
The exact information was in the sites threads. Will enjoy and much appreciated.