What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chinese Fuzes

ron3350

I would like to know the model and use of these 2 long Chinese fuses.
Both fuzes are aluminium with steel adjusting rings. 3mm/9tpi threads 59.5mm diameter.

1. Long. Has a white band/nose and is 181.5mm overall and 63.5mm wide.
Symbol - 5 (crossed out) 6. - 484 . Is it a time delay type 6?

2. Shorter graduated 1 - 60. 157mm overall and 63.5mm wide. Same threads as above.
2x symbols - symbol. 1 - 79 484.

I guess 484 is the maker factory and 1979 date.

Attachments

• Chinese a.jpeg
    Chinese a.jpeg
    415.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Chinese b.jpeg
    Chinese b.jpeg
    518.8 KB · Views: 47
i just got some of the same fuzes,i understand they are type 6 mechanical delay(they have a clockwork inside and would make a good cutaway)
they go on a large rocket but i cant find out which one yet

For the left fuze the first character isn't very clear, but the later seem to be 時-1式. I'm not good with Chinese, but a Chinese speaker, well reader, may be able to help you. However, and according to Google translate, the characters mean '?? Time 1 Type', so its probably an 'MS-1S'.

As to what they are, the left would seem to be based on the (almost the same) Soviet/Russian TM-16 or VM-16 series mechanical time (MT) fuzes. The former is normally used with artillery (naval or coastal) dispenser projectiles and would have a igniferous (black power) output. The latter would be used with high explosive artillery (naval or coastal) projectiles and have a detonative (tetryl) output.

The one on the right may be based on the Soviet/Russian TM-120 or the GDT-90, but with a revised nose and an explosive output assembly. Both are normally used with dispenser artillery rockets and have an igniferous output.

Last edited: