What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chinese grenade

William49

Ordnance approved
This grenade looks like the US thermite grenade M 14. The length is 117 mm and the diameter is 60 mm. Information desired.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 25
Do you have access to the item? Attempting translation of the text with Google Translate app using phone camera might help with actual designation... I tried using your image above but got only 'GRENADE' for certain - it gave various translations of preceding words ('BARBARIAN', 'RABBIT'...); it might work better if you had the item in front of you. The South Korean text on the KM14 in image reads 'INCENDIARY GRENADE' according to app.

Today I got these 3 photos. Hope this helps to translate.

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 7
The most credible translation I can get with app is 'TWO-STYLE BURNING INCENDIARY GRENADE'... might 'TWO STYLE' be better translated as 'TYPE 2', given numerical designation of other Chinese grens (i.e. Type 67) and other weapons??