What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ciney Militaria Fair 1st May

Will be there, where the nice stuff is, the beer is good, and the hall smells like cowSh&^&t!

Ciney Fair 2011 001.jpgHi Gents. Thought I`d share a picture of the result of my trip to the Fair at Ciney today!! Good job I took the motorbike as that stopped me (as well as bank balance) from getting more!!
The fair was - amazing! Again prices & quality varied a lot, but so did the choice. Got a few items the collection was missing & most sellers were willing to haggle - the language is never a barrier - just the price.
A few interesting (to me anyway) items, The L70 far left & L60 far right are immaculate never been loaded, crimped or primed cases? Also 3rd row from front LH end .50 cal HS is .50 FNB 80 - which I know isn FN made .50 call in 1980, the thing is the projectile is a lot longer (approx 15mm) than standard?? Does not appear to be a homemade proj & the guy had a couple more. Next to that is another FN apparently .50 case but the headstamp is 13.2H FN 37?? Unfortunately the rim is a bit damaged. Case length is the same as the .50.
As ever all feedback/info appreciated.

The power of Google - solved the 13.2 query - it is a 13.2mm case for the Hotchiss MG that use a 96mm case - so definitely a good addition.
Anyone got a projectile for sale or swap?? Please.

Hi Andy that - I think - is a 76 proximity Fuzes (French?)
Markings are: TB 76MOD. 1-NSD 9. TH. CSF. 77.
It has the "gain" part & is in good condition. I bought it with some other fuzes for some 155 How shells I have but I now think this one has the wrong thread!!

I picked up some items already bought and found some nice cases for my WW2 large bore collection! The big picture shows from left to right, starting at the back:

75x688 mm French Mle1922/1924/1927 naval AA
7,5 cm KwK40 ( I was surprised it was still standing considering the price)
7,62 cm Russian case 1936
7,62 cm Russian case, Japanese re-used, pre-WW2
105 mm Belgium case, made at FZ (Fabrique Zeebrugge), LOT1 1940
24 mm Swiss (present from collector friend)
2 x sFH13 brass case WW2
Original shortened 75 mm DEC case for French navy, 1939 primer
Very early Czech vz14/19 case with non-typical primer
My best find - I thought it was a bad brass case but turns out to be a great copper-plated steel sIG33 case with stamp error and electrical primer (?)
7,5 cm lIG18, brass
6 cm Abkomm/boat gun
37 mm Hotchkiss, case 1935 and projectile 1937
WW2 dated 37 mm French projectile (with wrong case - actually a 25x193 cut-down blank)

I added 2 pictures for the 2 fav founds for me! Great day, good weather, good atmosphere!

Attachments

• Ciney 2011.jpg
    Ciney 2011.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 72
  • sIG33.jpg
    sIG33.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 56
  • vz1419.jpg
    vz1419.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 50
LOL. No I did not ;-). I was even tempted buying the WW1 dated 15 cm SK L/45 case with Italian primer, and I have seen at least 4 24 cm cases. But all WW1 ;-(

I picked up some items already bought and found some nice cases for my WW2 large bore collection!

2 x sFH13 brass case WW2

Very early Czech vz14/19 case with non-typical primer
My best find - I thought it was a bad brass case but turns out to be a great copper-plated steel sIG33 case with stamp error and electrical primer (?)
7,5 cm lIG18, brass

I added 2 pictures for the 2 fav founds for me! Great day, good weather, good atmosphere!

It is very nice to see the rewards from your trip.

The sFH13 cases look really good and the Czech case is my favorite.
I would consider that the C/22 primer has been placed in the sIG33 case to fill the hole at some time.

The picture is hard to see, what is the stamp error?

PC

The electrical primer seems to be original, also according other "professional german collectors", but I really would not know. The stamp error is that the case states "sFH13", which is crossed out, and below it the sIG33 stamp. Interesting, since the dimensions are actually sIG33 (rim diameter smaller than sFH13). BTW, I never understood why our strict black/white German friends used 6303 for 2 different sizes. Anybody can explain this?

I would agree and I don't know either that is why I just said consider the possibility of a replacement. Unless you have original stencil markings on the base to help or you dig up the item yourself it would be very hard to tell if a primer is original.

It is interesting to learn about the different sizes of case with the same design number.