What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ciney

hicky1300

Hi all
I am off to Ciney Fair on Sunday - anyone else going?
Not sure what to expect with regards to Ordnance as under new Belgian laws ALL empty cases & complete rounds have to have a hole/piercing in the side of the case!!

I spoke a Belgium member who told me this is nonsence. The small caliber (up to .50) is licenced ammo, anything above it is concidered ordnance and is to be completely empty.
As I understood it, it were just police officers making up their own laws on the spot.
Maybe Orpheus 72 can tell us more specificly.

Regards, DJH

Pzgr40 - I got the information from 2 other Dutch members - one - Fjordhouse - is considering not going due to the new legislation. Ben has been a regular sekller at Arlon, Ciney & War & Peace to mention a few so he is probably fairly well informed?
Being over hear still and attending various fairs & markets I have not come across any of this - except where live rounds have had the propellant removed etc.
I am only passing on what I was told as it will be interesting to see what is happening. Bear in mind the Belgian laws regarding `antique` firearms changed in May last year - very much a case of bolting the door after the horse has legged it!
Mills bomber - do you want to meet for a drink? If I dont see you i hope you have a good time. If it is like the last ones I have been to it will `blow` you away!
With regards to `laws being made up on the spot` this is true as there are very few specific laws regarding, inert, spent brass or projectiles or complete rounds. (UK Sect5 can be used for projectiles) so it is a very grey area & most officials will take the easy route - you can`t have it!

OK Ben good.
Unfortunately left the C130 T shiirt in UK as Geert said a bit iffy you going?
Can you clarify the Belgian Ordnance issue?

I am not sure if you want to hear bad news, Pzgr 40 is informed wrong the law is clear, all ammo, live or inert shells, shell cases , fuzes, mines, launchers and grenades are forbidden in Belgium, all cases until 21 mm must have a drilled hole on the side, empty artillery shell cases must have a paper from the proof house that they can not be used anymore also with artillery projectiles. The problem with the Belgium law is how to read it the last 7 years nobody made a problem and yes it is the police who will say yes or no, I will go and many more will go so it's like Russian roulette do they make problem yes or no I think yes but we will see I hope to see you and others regards Ben

Thanks Ben - see you there
I hate passing on 3rd hand info
Yourself & Geert are always well informed & up to date.
This is not information that is public knowledge or sometimes easy to relay - or very clear!
It could be interesting.

Well looks like im going to a show that i can buy items but its illegal to have them, having done a 5 stretch over here not much for me to buy, just look is the best thing to do, its happening all over the world slowly there taking little bits away from us and we let them even though its us there protecting,,,,,,,,, Dave

Well looks like im going to a show that i can buy items but its illegal to have them, having done a 5 stretch over here not much for me to buy, just look is the best thing to do, its happening all over the world slowly there taking little bits away from us and we let them even though its us there protecting,,,,,,,,, Dave
Could be worse Dave, you could live in Australia where we don't have anything like W&P or Ciney :tinysmile_fatgrin_t How are you Mate? I'm still in discussion with Customs about last years items from the W&P show
Regards Daryl

Could be worse Dave, you could live in Australia where we don't have anything like W&P or Ciney :tinysmile_fatgrin_t How are you Mate? I'm still in discussion with Customs about last years items from the W&P show
Regards Daryl

O No,,,,, did the teller make it,,,,,, Dave

Would it be possible for someone visiting Ciney to take some photos of items for sale? Its always interesting to see whats on offer, or possibly in this case, whats not on offer!!
Good luck to all those attending...

regards Kev

Skipping this April! The day before is Dutch Kings Day and that does not match with getting up early. Not for me that is.....