What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clockwork fresh from the factory for El.AZ.17

Fusse2004

Premium Member
today get!!! the lower part of a El.AZ 17 fresh from the factory! See. With Intresse exchange against UK bomb fuze.

Attachments

• Bild 454.jpg
    Bild 454.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Bild 455.jpg
    Bild 455.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Bild 456.jpg
    Bild 456.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Bild 457.jpg
    Bild 457.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 75
Nice Ones;

That is some great close-up images, thank you for sharing.
Would your interest in British fuzes go back to the 1860-70 period?
Regards,
John aka Bart

Hi Harry,
Well done on that excellent acquisition. :)
Its good to see those ink inspectors stamps still intact.
How would you preserve them?

best

waff

Very,very nice Harry!
I was thinking of preserving the stamps on my minty unit but i wouldnt know what to use so as not to destroy the ink?
I may leave it alone like yours then.

best

waff

Hi Paul
You could use nail varnish, but one which is flexible as you dont want the varnish to crack

Hi Paul
Ive never had trouble in the past, but if in doug,ht as long as the item will not be moved just leave it alone, in the old days they used shellac , but when it gets brittle it starts to crack, modern varnishes luckly dont suffer from that problem especially the newer synthetic varnishes.

Congratulations on the new arrival!!
Thats a very nice fuze you got there Harry - well done!!
regards Kev

Very,very nice Harry!
I was thinking of preserving the stamps on my minty unit but i wouldnt know what to use so as not to destroy the ink?
I may leave it alone like yours then.

best

waff

My advice Paul, for what its worth...
If it isn't broke don't fix it. Those marks have survived intact all these years and the previous owners may not have been quite so carefull........then again, given the nature of the object....maybe they were, Lol !!!!!

My vote...leave as is!!

regards Kev

Shellac! Eeeh,ive not heard that word for a while. :)
Ok,will have a think about the modern varnish.

cheers

waff

Well Kev,i only discovered the ink stamps when i completely stripped it like Harry's wunderbar example.
Pandora's box opened now so its hard to close!

best

waff

Hey Paul I would not make anything, which is risk to large that the stamp smeared. Harry

Thats settled then :)
I shall re-assemble it and put it back on the shelf.

best

waff

Surely this is the best form of preservation ? (as long as the shelf isnt in a damp or too warm enviroment the stamps will be fine for many many years. )