What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CN & CS Grenades..INERT

V40

These are all INERT! All have been INERTed from fellow bomb squad members. By the way, do you actually think I would ? I may been born on the day before yesterday, but I wasn't going to sneeze the rest of my life. Thanks friends.

Attachments

• Tear gas assemblies 001.jpg
    Tear gas assemblies 001.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Tear gas assemblies 003.jpg
    Tear gas assemblies 003.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Tear gas assemblies 002.jpg
    Tear gas assemblies 002.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Tear gas assemblies 006.jpg
    Tear gas assemblies 006.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Nice collection! I really like the Fed Lab ones. They are so rare in Europe. I only have one, it was one of the first grenades I ever bought, the pocket CS 509.

btw, you wouldnt happen to be the owner of big-ordnance.com?

Mikey25,

Unfortunately not. No relationship. If anybody has any questions for these go a head and ask.

What kind of British Smoke Grenade do I have in picture #1 right behind the chemical launcher?

L35 to L38A1 depending on colour of smoke, yours looks like an export one as the British Army did not use them in orange until later models. In British use they dated from around 1977 ish. Tony.

Thanks, that is whatwanted to know. There are so many variants of CN, CN/DM, and CS 1&2 that it'll make your head swim. The ones I am showing you are completely INERT. All of them will start a fire when used inside. It use to be that in the old old days that if used CS in a house you practically now owned it as there was no way to decontaminate the house. Now days it is very easy to decontaminate a room or and/or whole house(s).

The russian big gas grenade "Drift"

aerosol_hand_grenade_by_Jhonni.jpg

:)

Eugene.

Grenade "RGO" for scale...
I havn't this "Drift" grenade in my hand's now...

Attachments

• Dreif 2.jpg
    Dreif 2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 25