What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cobbaton Combat Collection

roller63

Premium Member
I am planning a short break in North Devon in the Summer and would like to visit The Cobbaton Combat Collection. Have any other members been, and if so, what's it like ? Tony.

Hi Tony,

I went there last year to take photographs of various AFV's for a modelling magazine. Preston Isaac is the owner of the collection, and its arranged in two large hangers. I'd say there are about 30-40 tanks, artilery pieces and other vehicles in the collection, most of which are in good order and WW2 dated. The collection is extremely tightly packed together, which with the low light, unfortunately pretty much scuppered my photos in terms of being published.

In addition to the vehicles, there are plenty of other militaria items that will definitely interest most people. Since it was out of his "open" season, I was also able, with Prestons permission, to climb inside some of the tanks and take pictures. T-54, T-34/85 etc..

Cobbaton Combat museum is defnitely worth a visit. I think the entrance was 10. Probably 4 hrs to look at everything thoroughly.

Rich

Thanks Rich, Just the sort of information I was looking for. I bought a couple of inert baton rounds from him mail order about two years ago, and it looks like there is always something for sale there too. Thanks again, Tony.

I went there while on holiday in Devon a couple of years ago, it is definitely worth a visit. It is mostly allied WW2 vehicles, but there is all kinds of other stuff there from all different eras and countries. He also has an extremely good selection of stuff for sale (de-acs, inert ammo, surplus clothing and kit etc.). Well worth a visit.

Hi Guys, I've been on my short break to North Devon and visited the Cobbaton Combat Collection. I went on Tuesday this week when it was 27 degrees C and I can confirm what the other members had already said. Definitelty worth a visit if in the area. Had a chat with the owner myself, a very friendly and knowledgeable man. Quite a bit of ordnance in there too, but there is a lot squeezed in and you have to take a really good look around in case you miss something. A couple of pics to follow. Tony.

cobbaton

I am planning a short break in North Devon in the Summer and would like to visit The Cobbaton Combat Collection. Have any other members been, and if so, what's it like ? Tony.
hi, have been twice to view the collection its that crammed in.well worth a visit(or two) you,ll enjoy the trip down the country lanes also!!!!