What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold War British Nuclear Attack Report Form

Weasel

Premium Member
Here is a rather nice little form given to me a few years ago, i thought i would take a picture before it gets put in a frame, a nice little bit bit of history although not a form you would ever want to be in a position to fill out !
Best regards Weasel.

Attachments

• Cold War A 34.jpg
    Cold War A 34.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 66
Wow Weasel, What a great "go with". As a child I remember the fallout shelters everywhere and more affluent folks had bomb shelters underground it their back yards. The "Cold War" is something my parents had on their minds on a daily basis. The Cold War (which fascinates me) loomed large in peoples minds for many years. Discussions at get togethers often turned to who would "push the button". Funny how times change......Dano

Last edited:
Or would turn the keys. "Duck and Cover" was what Bert the Turtle told us to do back then.

Extremely interesting piece of paper. Definitely a "framer".

We had a similar "incident" form we were to fill out in the event of an unexpected event in the missile house. One of the checkblocks was ERRANT BOOSTER IGNITION IN MAGAZINE. These were Terrier RIM-67 missiles. 20 per. BIG. I thought that was a bit of a stretch. Chances were good the ship would be lost if such happened, but we had to fill out that form, regardless. A LOL moment before there was such a thing.

I know the first thing I'd do, right after the flash, was go looking for that form to fill out.

Rick

Or would turn the keys. "Duck and Cover" was what Bert the Turtle told us to do back then.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0K_LZDXp0I[/ame]

Akin to placing ones head between ones legs and . . .

Rick

Rick,

That was the way I was thinking as I got older! Good one Rick, I forgot that one too. I had a poster with that on it LOL.

I am pretty good at CD items. But, I have never seen one which inclues a beer. Can you refresh my memory on that one?

Nice form weasel. When I was younger I used to go to a small clay shoot. On the land there was an ROC Post that had not been filled in and could still be accessed. The farmer owned it as the MOD had apparently given it up. However he would never let me go down for a look as he seemed to think I'd injure myself somehow and sue him.