What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Color for this german WW1 Projektile

Dave83

Hello i have two of this german WW1 projektiles left side and second from left hand side one of them i would restore an paint new can anyone help me out with the correct color !
once i herd there are original blue in color but i am not sure is it right or wrong !!

thanks best regards David

Attachments

• CIMG0099.jpg
    CIMG0099.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 82
no touchee

David old buddy, I like them just the way they are. Stately looking. In the eye of the beholder. By the way Dave what projectiles are these I embarassingly ask you. Your collection is one of the best assemblage of WWI German shells i've seen to date.....Always..Dano

Last edited:
The color of the 9 cm Schrapnell 91 was blue. I think it was the same type of blue as they used for the 7,7 cm and other shrapnel shells. After seeing examples of originally painted shells I found out, that the Revell color "Blau, matt, Nr. 56" mostly matches the original color.