What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colour markings of the Russian OF49 120mm mortar munition

Robert.munsey

Hello everyone,
Does anyone here on this list have the correct color markings for the Russian OF49 120mm mortar round (for the 2S9 Nona)?

Also the correct markings of the round itself?

Thank you in advance.

Robert Munsey
Retired Master Gunner

Thanks

I thought it would have the typical OF49 (ОФ49 ) for the round type and the next line would be the date/ Lot information. Would this be correct?

Usually the index "OF49" would stay alone on the cylindrical part while the lot number would be on the ogive with first row for the assembly plant and the second row for the lot like XX-YY (2 digit lot - 2 digit year). Just look up any Russian artillery projectile or even a regular 120mm mortar round and take over the pattern since there there should be also the "120" for the caliber and the weight class. A likely year for the lot number would be in the beginning 1990's like "03-93".

162459.jpg
162459.jpg

4414-38.jpg

Qwertau;
You last picture raised a eyebrow. I recognize the OF49 with the RAP-HE round (3OF50?) to the right of it (center munition), is that the GRAN 120mm guided projectile?

And the other two (right hand) are they the smoke/wp (3Z2 incendiary or 3D5 smoke?) and the illumination munition (S-843 and 3S9 illumination??) even though I have read the 2A51 can fire the 120mm mortar munition, I have not been able to confirm this as true or not.

Thank you for these new pictures.