What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

competition test post

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
I know this is off topic and not the test area..im going to do a competition in may to mark the 3rd anniversary of bocn,prizes still to be confirmed are likely to be bocn merchandise,(bocn patch ,cap ,tshirt,) all of which will be paid for out of my own pocket and NOT bocn funds.
so to see what interest there may be and a taster of the type of question i may ask in the competion i have done this post..

ok sample question
picture show components of a british fuze what fuze is this from ??

even if you dont want to guess the item feel free to reply if you would be interested or not ,then i know its worth doing

spotter

PS THIS COMPETITION WILL BE FREE TO ENTER WITH NO OTHER COSTS AND IS OPEN TO ALL REGISTERED MEMBERS OF BOCN

Attachments

• P1000550.jpg
    P1000550.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Good idea for a new competition, it's been a while since the last one. Still cant answer the question though, Best regards Weasel.

Was going to say 117 fuze but i think i mean 119 , the type you find on a 25pr HE. Yes would like another quiz, as long as i know the answers........
Hangarman

doesnt appear to be much interest again ,Is it the FREE part thats putting people off.Theres no catches you dont have to turn up for a time share presentation or anything it is 100% cost free to members ,
ill leave the post running for another week to see if interest goes up.
allan

Im up for a competition spotter.
is it the button of a washing machine that makes it spin your clothes faster???:tinysmile_fatgrin_t:tinysmile_shy_t:

I love competitions :tinysmile_fatgrin_t Though wouldn't have a clue on that fuze though, Not my field, but you can count me in

Yes i am up for a competition so count me in as for the fuze it looks like the internals for a 119 but i could be wrong.
Andy

thanks for the input,,those that had a go at the sample question yes they are the internals from a 119 and that would be the hardest type of question if i do go for an identification type competition,whatever i opt for it will be suitable for everyone to take part in .
also on top of the clothing madbomber has kindly offered to pay for a years premium membership or if members already have premium membership or dont want it we will offer 10 credit against any of the bocn clothing,patches ,caps etc or whatever.
Charlie has kindly donated a bocn cap to the prizes (anyone wanting to purchase one contact charlie)
regards allan

Last edited:
Who's the daddy looks like I was the first one to get it right then :)
roll on the proper quiz !!!!!!

From bazooka chris

Forgot to say a very big thanks to spotter and madbomber for there kind donation of prizes, thanks guys

From bazooka chris

Quiz;

Hey Spotter,
Use some of my early fuzes and your money will be safe. :) No idea what this one is!!
Regards,
John

I'm up for the idea of a quiz, but I can't guarantee that I can take part as I'm often 'up country' without internet.