What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

couble i have

daddybob67

the one german came out of a anti aircraft site in poland

Attachments

• IMG_1281.JPG
    IMG_1281.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1282.JPG
    IMG_1282.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1283.JPG
    IMG_1283.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1284.JPG
    IMG_1284.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 72
Fuzes

The first fuze looks like the Fuze Mechanical Time and Superquick M577 that was used on 105mm and 155mm carrier projectiles such as illumination and base ejecting smoke. The center of the base has the channel for the multi-purpose lead charge. By adding a booster to this fuze in would become the MTSQ M582 and could be used on high explosive projectiles.

I have no idea on the second fuze.

fuzes

the german the markings that can be read Zt then a D jo underneath opposite side of those marking there is an 11
fits 88 shell that i have looks to be one of the adj air burst fuzes i have seen in pics were they had a special tool to install and set all in one.

the other i have setting on a 155 cargo shell. gov is deactivating those {had grenade bomb-lets} and 105 star shells. i was given on of each for collection.

Last edited:
I think the second fuse is a PTTF (Powder Train Time) fuse. This based on the lack of a PD element, the brass ring with what looks like a vent hole and the single hole at the base of the fuse for the pyrotechnic charge.

By the way I think this is my first post, so I'll say hello to all and thanks for having me on the site. I work in the EOD trade in Australia.

Cheers!

Yodamaster already got it. Both are typical german mechanical time fuzes.