What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Croatian bouncing mines PGB X01 and PGB X02

goran_croatia

Those croatian bouncing mines were produced by Shipyard Split (Brodosplit) in 1993. Here are photos of them inert from my collection.
Bouncing mine PGB X01 is made of aluminium case with two caps. The bottom cap is also made of aluminium and upper cap is made of plastic. Both caps are threaded to aluminium case. The mine which bounces after activation from the aluminium case is made of steel. Various fuzes were used for igniting the mine, yugoslavian practice special fuzes and pull fuzes made in Brodosplit. The mine from my collection has practice yugoslavian UMOP-1V fuze with aluminium adapter made in Brodosplit to fit the central tube inside the mine in which was cap for ignition and delay mixture. On my second photo you can see PGB X01 with its original drawing from Brodosplit.

prvaod.jpgdrugaod.jpg

Bouncing mine PGB X02 is similar in construction to PGB X01, but with the difference that it has two explosive charges in aluminium case-the first charge is the same as in PGB X01 (steel body) and the second charge is Cetinka hand grenade but with fuze made in Brodosplit. The first and second explosive charge were connected with steel spring, so after igniting bouncing charge on the bottom of steel body inside aluminium case, the flame from it would at the same time ignite the delay in Cetinka fuze and both explosive charges would bounce from the ground connected with steel spring and detonate.

trecaod.jpgcetvrtaod.jpg

Both of them were tested before finalizing construction in Brodosplit, and the testing was succesful.

Note that fuze for activation of explosive charge (on both cutaway drawings marked with number 13) is not drawed on cutaway. The reason for that is that the chief constructor was experimenting with two types of bottom fuzes for activation of explosive charge, and at the end the pyrotechnic delay fuze was accepted for those mines (the same as on Cetinka in PGB X02 bouncing mine.

They are rare because they were produced just for local brigades of Croatian army from Split.

nice info - you don't see much from that area anymore. In fact I need to go through all my Yugo munitions folder and figure out how to seperate Croation, from Serb from former yugo etc. I made the mistake and filed them all under yugo