What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cutaway British No 208 Mechanical Time Fuze

Darren

A few photos of a No 208 fuze that i recently made into a cutaway.

Attachments

• Cutaway British No 208 Mechanical Time Fuze-1.jpg
    Cutaway British No 208 Mechanical Time Fuze-1.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Cutaway British No 208 Mechanical Time Fuze-2.jpg
    Cutaway British No 208 Mechanical Time Fuze-2.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Cutaway British No 208 Mechanical Time Fuze-3.jpg
    Cutaway British No 208 Mechanical Time Fuze-3.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 64
  • Cutaway British No 208 Mechanical Time Fuze-4.jpg
    Cutaway British No 208 Mechanical Time Fuze-4.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Cutaway British No 208 Mechanical Time Fuze-5.jpg
    Cutaway British No 208 Mechanical Time Fuze-5.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Cutaway British No 208 Mechanical Time Fuze-6.jpg
    Cutaway British No 208 Mechanical Time Fuze-6.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Cutaway British No 208 Mechanical Time Fuze-7.jpg
    Cutaway British No 208 Mechanical Time Fuze-7.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Cutaway British No 208 Mechanical Time Fuze-8.jpg
    Cutaway British No 208 Mechanical Time Fuze-8.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 57
That looks very nice.
I have a question relating to cutaways. I'm not into them myself, preferring complete rounds but do you look for a damaged example to cut? It seems a shame to cut a good fuze.
That's not a criticism as the quality of your work is excellent and I can see the attraction of the finished item, just an idle thought really!

That looks very nice.
I have a question relating to cutaways. I'm not into them myself, preferring complete rounds but do you look for a damaged example to cut? It seems a shame to cut a good fuze.
That's not a criticism as the quality of your work is excellent and I can see the attraction of the finished item, just an idle thought really!

If an item is rare and not to many about I will not cut it, I have fuzes in my collection that I would never cut as I'd probably never get another. This was a perfectly good fuze but there are many of these about. Damaged items are great as you say for cutaways when they come along.

If an item is rare and not to many about I will not cut it, I have fuzes in my collection that I would never cut as I'd probably never get another. This was a perfectly good fuze but there are many of these about.
I'm in need of an early one if you have a spare!