What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cutaway IDs please.

rmarg-jim

Some Items from the RMARG collection. The fellow who origionally owned most of these has passed on, so we don't know what half of it is any more. Any help would be appreciated- further photos can be provided, but may take a week or so.

One item in the mixed cutaway pic is from a 105 tank shell- the rest...?

The other pic is of 303s, but what kinds- look like AP and Obs, but they all vary?

Thanks,
Jim.

Attachments

• S6002686.jpg
    S6002686.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 206
  • S6002688.jpg
    S6002688.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 206
can help with one item the cutaway bomb fuze this looks like a British no35 nose fuze used on 4.5 inch recconassance flares.
attatched image shows the no35 mkIV

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 66
.303 bullets

Hi Jim,

In your second photo, from left to right the bullets appear to be as follows
1. Tracer, probably Mk 2
2. Ditto
3. Appears to have an all-lead core, so if boat-tailed would be Ball Mk 8z
4. Ball Mk VII
5. Can't see it clearly, but appears to be a tracer
6. Steel core for A.P. bullet
7. Incendiary Mk VI
8. Appears to be a fired Incendiary, either Mk.VI or VII.

Hope this helps.
R.

Cut aways

I agree with most of those Roger, but I think No.3 is staraight sided so probably an all lead cored US contract .303 ball. Also, the last item, No.8 is an exploded B Mark VI as you can see the screw at the base.

No.5 looks like an AP-T, possibly German?

Regards
TonyE

The first photo shows what appear to be primers as used in artillery cartridge cases. The item with the holes up its body is the magazine of a primer and would likely have had a gunpowder filling. It is similar to but not the same as the magazine of the UK L10A1 electrically fired primer. I have seen similar before - it may even go back to a WW2 percussion primer. If they are British you might like to compare them with the No 1, No 11 and No 15 primers. It might also be worth checking Tubes (as used in BL ammunition) for the middle item of the three to the left of the fuze in your first photo. Do they have any base markings?

here you,vo got the no119/no117/no221c

The first photo shows what appear to be primers as used in artillery cartridge cases. The item with the holes up its body is the magazine of a primer and would likely have had a gunpowder filling. It is similar to but not the same as the magazine of the UK L10A1 electrically fired primer. I have seen similar before - it may even go back to a WW2 percussion primer. If they are British you might like to compare them with the No 1, No 11 and No 15 primers. It might also be worth checking Tubes (as used in BL ammunition) for the middle item of the three to the left of the fuze in your first photo. Do they have any base markings?
here my own made cutaways of the 25pounder fuzes

Attachments

• 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 23
  • 493942956_3_mVGI.jpg
    493942956_3_mVGI.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 23