What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Czech 30 x 210 grey projectile colour code

Falcon

At the BOCN meet in June I got a Czech 30 x 210 round from Lexpev.

The projectile is painted grey, what does this colour code mean?

The case also has "AMERYKA" spelt like that scratched into it by hand. I have no idea what this means.

Thanks for any info.

It is a TP-T.
The scratching sounds a bit like "AMERICA". Maybe some nerd had too myuch time on his hands.

The gray one is a Target practice projectile, the yellow one is HE.
Regards, DJH

Thanks for the replies.

There is a rattling sound inside the projectile if you shake the round. Sounds like a loose metal component.

I believe this round was a factory dummy, as the primer has no internal components, and the inside of the case is clean and has never been loaded.

When I got the round the neck was belled and the projectile was loose. However, I have now resized the neck so the projectile is gripped tightly. I made a tool to unsrew the primer so that it can be left loose to prove that the round is inert.

I thought that the "AMERYKA" could have been wirtten by someone with poor knowledge of English. But why on a Czech round?

Well "Ameryka" is the polish spelling for America, maybe also a similar spelling in Czech ?
Best Weasel.

I gave up a long time ago trying to understand the ways of other people's thoughts.

Hi, in czech the spelling is AMERIKA, but someone might spell it incorectly. Some people in the Czech Republic when they "make" an inert round insert some metal element to prove that it contains no powder in the case or explosive in the projectile. The gray projo would be filled with inert substance. There might be stamped fuze designation cz 301 or cz 301A, some of the "fuzes" had even internal parts, without detonator of course. The tracer would be live in the original round. There should be a red band just over the driving band.

Bob

There is no designation stamped into the fuze. There is also no red band over the driving band.

I posted this question about the headstamp on the IAA forum. Do you know the answer?

I have a Czwch 30 x 210 steel cased round with the following headstamp:

-7Z2--------aym
-------------OTK

The "Z" between the "72" is larger than the twpo number and appears to ahve been stamped later, as does the "OTK".

Am I right in interpreting this headstamp as Lot 58 of 1972, made by aym, with "Z OTK" added later in manufacture. Are these some sort of inspector's marks?

Thanks for any info.