What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Czech 82mm Bzk vz.59 Recoilless dummy.

Falcon

A friend of mind bought this round. I believe it is a solid turned dummy. Am I right here?

It is not very clear in the photo, but there is a red triangle painted at the top of the projectile.

Can anyone give me any more info on this round?

Thanks.

czech_dummy.jpg

Greetings
Can anyone provide the dimensions of the cartridge case, please?
Length and base diameter, anyway.
Thanks very much
Charley

Thanks Falcon
And it is in Robert Hawkinson's new list, which i hadn't realised when i posed the question.
Charley

.....and the red triangle is the "inert" mark made by the Czech Military.

Here a deawing.

Attachments

• 82 mm BzK vz.59A Strelivo 1.jpg
    82 mm BzK vz.59A Strelivo 1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 35
Thanks for the replies. Is this dummy solid or does it have the finned projectile in?

You see the green colored projectile on top which should have the fin assembly attached (which is in the case). The PD fuze is also the inert version and the projectile might be filled with an inert substance or the cavity might be empty. (The Czech Army had both versions in their inventory)
Mrfuze, USA

Thanks for that. This round isn't mine so I didn't try to remove the projectile in case of damage.