What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Czech Museum

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
In 2005 I made a visit to the Czech Military Museum, photographing submunitions etc. While at the Museum annex 30km outside the city I was shown a number of old fuze boards with WWI fuzes from different countries, some of which I felt were probably Austrian. I mad an attempt to photograph them, but it was not some of my best work. It was the end of the trip, cold as hell in unheated buildings, and there was little light and everything was done with flash photography, with my batteries dying quickly. I don't remember ever posting these pictures, if there is any interest please let me know, because they are all stored in TIFF format and I'll have to convert them to JPEG to post.

I'll get them swapped over to JPEG and load them in over the next day or two. Internet went down for some reason last night, so the first few will have to wait.

Did I hear "fuzes"??

Absolutely - I suppose there are no torpedo ones???
:tinysmile_twink_t:

If anyone has actual ID's on these and the others the nomenclature and country of origin would be helpful. Some (coming) I am pretty sure are Russian, but could be Czech or others from the region.

Very nice display, thanks for sharing.

-First set (1st page) : all Austro-Hungarian fuzes with nomenclature mentionned

-Second set :
.1st fuze : same shape as Dutch No20 Schokbuis (Belgian used too a similar shape)
.2nd fuze : I don't know, the top part is missing
.3rd fuze : Austro Hungarian base fuzes

-Third set : all AH fuzes with nomenclature.

Last edited:
D-O-Fz-096.jpgD-O-Fz-097.jpgD-O-Fz-098.jpgD-O-Fz-099.jpgD-O-Fz-101.jpg

Attachments

• D-O-Fz-100.jpg
    D-O-Fz-100.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 31
  • D-O-Fz-102.jpg
    D-O-Fz-102.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Afterfuze sub.jpg

Before
attachment.php

Just checking to see if I can brighten the pics for a little better clarity. Looks like it worked on that one.
Jeff - holler if you would like me to enhance the photo set.

thanks a milion Us-Subs,
some of your base fuze was only supposed to exist!!
best regards