What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dano done a bad thing

Is it one of the experimental Toilet brush grenades that german infiltration units smuggled into allied latrines with fiendish results?:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Attachments

• toilet brush grenade.jpg
    toilet brush grenade.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 37
Now I should get this item in about a week, Paul that contraption makes me want to go to toilet right now! As soon as it arrives I will post it on this thread. No real big deal but to me it is. Summary of clues + a few more
1) model of 1916
2) introduced at the very end of 1916 and obsolete by the very beginning of 1917
3) German
4) The 1916 units were made of one material, the 1917 units of another
5) creates a bang for what it was SCREWED on

Last edited:
Now I should get this item in about a week, Paul that contraption makes me want to go to toilet right now! As soon as it arrives I will post it on this thread. No real big deal but to me it is. Summary of clues + a few more
1) model of 1916
2) introduced at the very end of 1916 and obsolete by the very beginning of 1917
3) German
4) The 1916 units were made of one material, the 1917 units of another
5) creates a bang for what it was SCREWED on

errr a ww1 steel condom? (big bang,screwing...)

come on you tease

not

Oh no 18 pounder, this afforded very little if any protection for the user (hence short lifespan)...Dano

You bought my mother in law?
angel-smiley-007.gif

Was it a stielhandgrante 1916 ''wilhelm''percussion that was filled with the more powerfull explosive called Tolite??
:tinysmile_cry_t4:

Last edited by a moderator:
percussion

Geez 18pounder, I sure wish it were a Wilhelm stick, now that would be huge, one word that sticks is "percussion". Best I can do right now.
I did start a post on this particular piece sometime back

Last edited:
That "viro"-stuff makes me a pain at a very "bad place" :tinysmile_eyebrow_t:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

@dano: It is something which makes "BOOM"??
I think the way it prevented disease was not by killing the infection, it made the user want to avoid any contact with the treated area.
Gsu

m1916 German percussion igniter

Well, the postman brought this today and not a moment too soon as I was getting nervous. Well it is the rarest of rare, the German m1916 percussion igniter used on m1917 eggs and m1913 and m1915 kugel grenades. Introduced at the very end of 1916 and obsolete by the very beginning of 1917. I have talked to other knowledgable collectors and they all agree they are a bitch to find. This is only the 2nd one i've ever seen and the only one that was for sale. The ones made in 1916 were of brass, and the 1917 units had no brass (mine is a 1917 unit). I attached a page copied from Delhommes book German Grenades of the Great War and I hope the printing is legible. I'm laughing...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 310.jpg
    Picture 310.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Picture 311.jpg
    Picture 311.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 58
1916 percussion igniter

Thanks Gus and Paul, i've been after one of these for so many years I can't even remember. This completes my WW1 egg - kugel igniter set. In 30 years this is the 2nd I have seen and the first one that was for sale, so i'm a happy camper...Dano