What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

different colors on bosnian projectiles and mortars

al'saad

Ordnance approved
here are different colors on bosnian made shells. except shown there are also black, brown and raw aluminum colored shells that i don't have in my collection.
on photos are shown 76mm HE, 82mm recoilless gun HEAT shells and 120mm HE mortar grenades.

Attachments

• 76mm.jpg
    76mm.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 82bst.jpg
    82bst.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 120mb.jpg
    120mb.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Very nice collection! Thanks for taking the time to shoot the photos of the different colors. The mortar shell in the middle is the color of all of the Bosnian stuff I have seen here in the states.

John

Here some more colors. Any idea what the manufactor is from the mortar with the pipe on it ?. Photos were taken at the vitezit factory, most of the wher emptyd for the recycling of the explosives.

Attachments

• 120mm wgr.jpg
    120mm wgr.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 35
  • viele 120mm morser.jpg
    viele 120mm morser.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 43
  • v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 48
@hazord,

original color of former yugoslav peoples army shells upon which bosnian shells are made is olive drab with yellow stencils. shell in the middle is different color from that 'original'.
in bosnia during war shells are manufactured on dozen locations and shell painting scheme depends on availability of colors in specific circumstances.

@blu97,
i think that shell on your picture is manufactured in croatia, but i will check i more.