What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital Camera

AndyD

Well,it looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new digicam as the old one is now more or less knackered!

Any recommendations as to which ones are good?
Don't have a lot to spend,not looking for anything fancy,just something that will take good all round shots and has a decent macro function.

Only have around 100 to spend!

Cheers,
Andy

think it was just over 100 but the Olympus Stylus Tough with super macro on e-bay has been great and it,s waterproof and dropproof!

C.

what is intentional use of the camera?

i run canon eos 300 D for several years. it is entry level dslr camera but upgraded with some additional lenses including macro lens gives me fine results.
as 300 D is not in production anymore recommend eos 550 D with kit lens 18-55 VR. later you can buy more lenses depending on your needs.

USB Digital Microscope

Maplins in the Uk are selling cheap 25 'web cam' at the moment. It is just a toy perhaps but an interesting one - compressed images attached.

Of course I would use my Olympus OM2 Macro lenses and bellows unit but I need several hundred pounds to get a matching digital camera.

Attachments

• AboutX200.jpg
    AboutX200.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 19
  • AboutX10.jpg
    AboutX10.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 21
England ? - didnt you have ALDI ?
They sell excellent digicams arround 100 Euro.
Medion is the brand but in fact its a Canon - small with very good accumulators and a nice makro set.

Recently I bought a Fujifilm Finepix Z33 WP, mainly for using on the beach. 10 MP, waterproof, small and the controls seem easy to use. Not brilliant in low light conditions but the macro function works down to about 40 - 50 mm from the subject that you photograph. In the last month the price locally has come down to about 70.