What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disappearing 7.62 x 54mm thread....

Jimiles

Does anybody know what happened to the interesting thread started by nunoc13 asking about an early Lugansk headstamp on a 7.62 x 54mm round? The thread was here last night, it was contributed to by CartridgeCorner, and then I responded. Now the entire thread has disappeared.....why?
Jim

No idea as i did not/cannot see the original post
All i can assume is one of the moderators doing their duties as moderators made a decision to remove it for whatever reasons

I'd be really interested to know why on earth it would have been removed. It was simply a question regarding the headstamp on a very interesting cartridge. There was nothing remotely controversial about it....strange!

Good catch, I remember reading this Lugansk thread. Would be nice to know what went wrong not to make the same mistake in the future.

I guess that's a possibility Tony, and its the only reason I can think of, but its a bit harsh on those of us that contributed but didn't post any pics. It was a very unusual headstamp and an interesting thread.
Jim

Yes its a pity i seem to have missed this thread, is there a chance of someone starting it again.
Andy

Andy, I'm hoping Nunoc13 will see this and start it all off again although I see that he's posted the same question over on the Gunboard's forum so he might not bother....which would be a great shame.

Done it Andy. It would appear it was deleted by accident but I'll leave it to those involved to explain further.
Jim

Done it Andy. It would appear it was deleted by accident but I'll leave it to those involved to explain further.
Jim

The moderator made a simple mistake which he explained to the original poster by private message and as with all admin and moderator actions which help with the daily running of the site does not need to explain himself to anyone