What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dm-93

Tarbelin51

Ordnance approved
Hello

Someone would have information on this rocket. DM 93

Attachments

• MTSQ DM 93, BW.jpg
    MTSQ DM 93, BW.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 102
we get these here in the UK fitted on the 81mm para illum mortar round,,i dont have my cds at home at the moment but when i get them i will post more detailed information for you..
regards allan

The DM93 is a mechanical time fuze with an addditional impact device for use in unspun smoke and illumination mortar projectiles 51mm-160mm.It can be set from 6-54 seconds with a possible extension up to 67 seconds.At the 0 setting the fuze functions upon impact.In the safe position the rotor is out of line and the clockwork is locked by a safety pin and a pulse safety which can only be released by firing.The muzzle safety distance is > 40m.
produced by Junghans Feinwerktechnik,postfach 110. D-7230 Schramberg

* The DM123 is a modification of the DM93 .By changing the detonation train this fuze can be used with HE ammunition

info from Janes Infantry Weapons 1994-95

Tarbelin51 heres the drawing as promised.
This is a drawing of the British version used with the 81mm ilumination mortar...
The Fuze Nose Mechanical Time (MT) DM93 is of German manufacture by Junghans and is a modified version of the Fuze Mechanical Time Superquick (MTSQ) DM93. The modification for British Service use, resulted from the requirement for the fuze to operate in the MT role only. The Superquick (SQ) Point Detonating action has therefore been removed and replaced by a solid steel nose profile above the time setting ring.

Attachments

• dm93 tech drawing.jpg
    dm93 tech drawing.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 135
We get them here in the U.S.. They are current on the 60mm and 120mm mortar illum rounds.

JB

heres the top of a 60mm para ilum we picked up this morning ,also a pic of a cut FIRED fuze,note the detonator shutter is missing as it was destroyed when the fuze funtioned

Attachments

• DSC00359 dm93 fuze.jpg
    DSC00359 dm93 fuze.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 95
  • DM93 fuze.jpg
    DM93 fuze.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 114
"The existing DM93 fuze
was chosen to be used in the study because of
its high level of technical reliability; in excess
of 99.6% demonstrated over the manufacture
of 4.5 million units. This enabled the study to