What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't eat mayo

Most Americans cannot stand the thought of putting mayo on their fries. I learned to love it in Germany.

Talking about US military food. Many people (including me) thought that US military were supplied with FREE food. After all, you can go to a chow hall on a base anytime, as many times as you want. Not true, my daughters pay $350/month for that 'free" food.
And that FREE $400,000 per person insurance in case one dies while serving....They pay $20/month for that too.

Most Americans cannot stand the thought of putting mayo on their fries. I learned to love it in Germany.
Fries the dutch way ; Patat or friet = fries

Patat peciaal; fries with mayonaise, curry and chipped unions.
patatje oorlog (war); fries with mayonaise peanut sauce and chipped unions.

I prefer the "patatje oorlog"

Last edited:
There is a similar type of food in Canada called poutine (it is pronounced "putin" and is probably banned from the menu for sounding like a name of some president in the news).

It's about the most unhealhy food availabe, and your heart will end up greased up with blots of chloresterol if you eat it more than once a month, but you won' t be hungry for the next 48 hours after eating a (even small) kapsalon
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapsalon

Poutine = French Fries + Cheese curd + Gravy = Death
Putin = Death without the calories
:xd:

It's about the most unhealhy food availabe, and your heart will end up greased up with blots of chloresterol if you eat it more than once a month, but you won' t be hungry for the next 48 hours after eating a (even small) kapsalon
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapsalon

Thank goodness I only get to enjoy them every couple of years then. As vegetarian, my cholesterol level is normally under 3.5 so I can afford the odd treat!