What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't panic!

LEI-13-HG

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-11727314

Pisspoor.

"a suspected German pipe bomb, police said."

"Sgt Tony Hanlon said: "One of our Pcs is a former Army man so he went into the loft to look over the find he suspected it was an explosive of some sort."

Nice one Sherlock.

But the police could not even identify a tail-less incendiary??

There is a whole generation today to whom anything military is a complete mystery.

Even the Daily Torygraph, a newspaper that used to have excellent defence reporting (John Keegan et al) is now reduced to howlers.

Two recent examples were "..smoke coming from the warship's chimneys" and talking about the "Browning M1911" pistol.

Regards
TonyE

I had an official visit once to check what there was and out of everything i have the only thing they checked was my practice mk 2 ....
Regards Darrol

A low-fly exclusion zone was imposed over Balsall Common while the explosion was carried out.

I had to check the date, and, no, it wasn't April 1st. One possibility is incompetent reporting: the picture has nothing to do with the story. 'Just use any old photo of a bomb that looks like a pipe', I can imagine the BBC News editor say.

I am reminded of a headline that appeared in a Brighton local paper: SHELL FOUND ON BEACH