What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dopp Z S/26

Here a few pictures of mine. will try to upgrade them if i manage to get the camera in control.

Attachments

• fuze 001.jpg
    fuze 001.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 60
  • fuze 003.jpg
    fuze 003.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 53
  • fuze 002.JPG
    fuze 002.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 56
That fuze is a new one on me. What were the applications and period of usage. German fuzes are fascinating to me and would love to know a few bobs about this one. Assuming it is from between the wars?.....................Dano

Last edited:
it's a fuze from 1st WW and there are some different types/shapes of the S/26

@thekees: can you make a photo of the bottom from your fuze. I am interested to see how it is constructed regarding the missing percussion mechanism.

Alpine, will try this tomorrow. Will look for more of these, I think they were used for the 8,8 L/3,7 flak gun. these were used during WW1 by the Naval forces located at the west coast of Belgium. as in the other post, they came as a set of 2, installed on two 8,8 flak shells (L/3,7), these were installed on a set of brass 8,8 naval cases. Both the shells and the cases are stamped with the same month and year.
this will date the fuses most likely around 1917. both cartridge cases were never reloaded. on the dutch forum a fellow collector posted a drawing of the fuse, will post it here.

Kees

905c7b22ccc25edbd2b776e91d2bd721.jpg