What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DPM camo being replaced

roller63

Premium Member
I have just seen a news article that said that the British Army DPM camo is being replaced by MTP, multi terrain pattern, mainly for use in Helmand to begin with.

Just checked it out,

seems ok to me, i can understand the need for change if it helps save the lives of our guys and does the job.

Andy

Around where I live the DPM works great along with spray painted black over a set of OD's This one in particular I have used for people finding me during TTOS's school. Nobody could find me. I had a set of "John Wayne" pattern Tiger Stripes that also went very well. I have been trying to find a good set of Fatigues that were used in the Falklands so it can go with my other kit as well. What I see mostly around here is the Dutch version of DPM. Is there a place in the UK that I can get them cheap, or at least what they wore in the Falkands?:bigsmile:

You can normally pick up Falklands DPM stuff from ebay. You occasionaly get the long smocks with the wire hood too, but they don't come round often.

Pointbanko,

I don't even know what they wore. Need some help on this one.

You do come across 1980s DPM on Feebay, my issue Para smock and Parka do look slightly different to current issue as does the kit issued in the 1970s.

Just need to keep an eye on feebay using a fave or one of their search engines.

Andy

Oh memories - I still have my `82 falklands Parka with the proper long sleeve liner.
also a lot of original DPM.
The shading of the DPM did vary a lot on occassion. I had one set I kept for warmer climes!! as it wasn`t as dark as the standard/regular stuff & we didn`t have desert gear then (78-90) only KD

Oh memories - I still have my `82 falklands Parka with the proper long sleeve liner.
also a lot of original DPM.
The shading of the DPM did vary a lot on occassion. I had one set I kept for warmer climes!! as it wasn`t as dark as the standard/regular stuff & we didn`t have desert gear then (78-90) only KD
yeaah british parkas ,legend in Poland ,i have a mint parka ,without original liner ,damn is hard to find a liner to them...

Theyre was a set of dpm we got issued in 1985 (85 pattern ???) ,put stuff in your jacket pockets and the stitching would go and the pockets would fall off,the trousers were the same.absolute rubbish ,,ended up buying my own kit

I remember that stuff - bloody awful. Another cost cutting exercise.
As we explained whats the point of big baggy pockets when you have a full set of webbing on?

I broke out my Parka mit liner for the first time this winter, absolute godsend.