What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drill Cartridge M12 & M 12 B1

SHAKY

Just wanted to show this. This came from a good friend who recently passed. He knew I liked it and teased me about it for sometime. It's now more a reminder of a Good Friend who is missed by many.
So we have a 90 mm drill cartridge M 12 B1 / C1OA1 dated 1944. It is a mix of steel and iron parts. Its predecessor,the M 12, was of a bronze/brass construction. I'd imagine these would have been used in training on some types of 90mm M12 001.jpg90mm M12 002.jpg90mm M12 003.jpg90mm M12 004.jpg90mm M12 005.jpgthe U.S. 90 mm AA gun, and possibly in use by Canada hence the C1OA1 designation also stamped after the original stamping ? Any thoughts or additional info would be greatly appreciated. I've only come across a picture of a rusty one, and would like to see other examples of this or even the brass/bronze M12 if anyone knows of such.
Cheers, SHAKY