What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

drill PROM-1 and PROM-1P1 bouncing mines

al'saad

Ordnance approved
as you can see here are different models of the same type of bouncing mine.
even if both mines are designated as PROM-1, mine with 8-like bottom is improved model that explodes 20cm above the surface usually designated as PROM-1P or PROM-1P1.
on image drill versions recognizable by yellow color bend on body and fuse, and holes for smoke from smoke charge that fits in the mine.

Attachments

• prom1.jpg
    prom1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 86
  • prom2.jpg
    prom2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 75
especially knowing that PROM-1 mines caused 80% of all mine related deaths post war, and 50% of all demining accidents in Bosnia and Herzegovina. as some say this mine is essential problem of mine clearance over here.

What is the difference between the two Prom-1 mines pictured, there seems to be a difference between the two at the bottom of the mine.

Nice examples of both were available in a few places on the net this past year. They've come and gone. Unfortunately I only picked up one, like the one on the left.
While depending on the internet for acquisitions I notice certain items show up and disappear when they're gone. So if you see it and like it move on it if you can.

What is the difference between the two Prom-1 mines pictured, there seems to be a difference between the two at the bottom of the mine.

left mine on first pic bursts on 70cm above the ground, while right bursts on 20cm due to shorter initiating wire that pulls the trigger after mine bounces.