What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early French F1 restoration complete

As I said before, some grenades/ordnance get restored and some don't. This is one that I love so much I find my self caressing it in my trench for no appearant reason! Well this is an early French F1 (1915) with the slow match ignition. Well I like it so much I decided to make a piece of fake Bickford fuze to insert in lead plug and that's all she wrote. So here it is step by step. Photo 1 shows grenade as I got it. Photo 2 is after restoration with fake Bickford fuze inserted. This is as far as I go and I absolutely love it. I don't want to try and make any more of the bits that could go along with the piece. This is a judgement call, and in my eyes she's a beautimus piece as she sits now. Also the fact that the French F1 was the most used hand grenade by the U.S. in WW1 just sweetens the pot for this Yank. In my humble opinion to do anything else to this grenade would do injustice. To each their own. (a little long winded here, but I feel strongly about this one.).....Dano

Attachments

• Picture 168.jpg
    Picture 168.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Picture 185.jpg
    Picture 185.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Nice Dano good job !!

Good Dano nice job i like it your collection grows every day and your restoring skills too !!

go ahead

best regards David

Thanks kindly David, I didn't do much (very very very little) but my point is beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Now my next piece may get a complete overhaul, but not this one. Best to you buddy...Dano