What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Egg Rack Resoration

jeeeensy

Had this for a while and cleaned it before X-mas but not took it further, its cleaned but needs detail cleaning next and a little bit of straightening
in a couple of places. Nice complete rack with no holes,,,, only the egg ones that is :tinysmile_tongue_t:

Regards nick

Attachments

• photo 1A.jpg
    photo 1A.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 44
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 33
  • photo 7.jpg
    photo 7.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 30
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 32
  • photo 9.jpg
    photo 9.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 32
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 32
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 29
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 35
Pretty rare item Nick, I have seen and had plenty of racks for M24 sticks but have never had this one in usable condition. There was one for sale here locally some time ago but about 1/4 rusted away - however it sold!

Hi Reino,

Hope you are all well ? yes M24 racks are more common but these illusive little devils are hard to find,,i have another one that is ok but has a few holes.. other than grenade holes :)
they sell in any condition, as they are so hard to find,

Best Regards nick .

Pretty rare item Nick, I have seen and had plenty of racks for M24 sticks but have never had this one in usable condition. There was one for sale here locally some time ago but about 1/4 rusted away - however it sold!

That has to be one of the best one of those I have ever seen Nick, as Paul has just said, would look very nice filled alongside your others !!!!!!!!!!!

Were these designed to be carried in the standard metal 'Stick' grenade box?

regards Kev

Thank's Paul and Kev,

Ahhhhh----HA,.,. EGGS !! now there's an idea,,, I can feel a deal comming on,, or is it the OCD :)
This is how the stick grenade thing started,, first just a rack,, then YESSSSS I KNOW! i'll fill it up :)

I wont go there i promise ( fingers crossed )

excellent work. you just need to fill it now!!!

Last edited:
Here's another one but not so nice and needs a lot of tlc,,,still solid and stong but needs repairing in places, I thought this one would fall to peices but was well surprised to see the original paint come thorugh...

Attachments

• Photo A2.jpg
    Photo A2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 11
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Photo A1.jpg
    Photo A1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 11
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg