What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eggcident

It is with a deep sadness that I report to you the passing of my m1939 German WWII egg grenade. I bought it as a badly rusted relic, and did a quick resto/repaint on it. Well I bumped into it while fondling other things in collection and it fell from the shelf. I had no idea it was that brittle. It must have busted into 20 pieces. All the kings horses and all the kings men aint gonna put this one back together again. At least the fuze survived..Dano

Last edited:
you have my sympathy dano,,i had the same happen a couple of weeks ago with a relic no5 mills i had.It fell onto a concrete floor and shattered into lots of bits,it did not break just along the frag lines...

Z41

And I once had a Z41 fuze with a COMPLETE bakelite gaine pot. But not after falling off the shelf and bouncing on the desk a few times.

:tinysmile_cry_t4:AARRRRRRGH!!!!!!!
:tinysmile_cry_t4:Let life be short else shame will be too long!!!:tinysmile_cry_t4:

Last edited:
fill em up

G'day Dano sorry to hear of the passing away of your M39 A fellow member { T-Mines I think it was } has listed a great way on how to stop this happening to his relic items, where the metal is fragile he uses expanding foam cans that you can find in most hardware stores to fill them up and just trim off any that seeps thru once it is dry and you can easily remove part of it to allow the fuze to be fitted.
Prehaps a moderater can attach the posting for T-Mines to this topic it may even save another relic from the rubbish bin
Regards Daryl

somtimes I wish something would fall off my
shelf and land right on my missus head!!!! arghhh women!:xd:

Posting link

Thanks Spotter for attaching the link and to 18 pounder be nice to the missus as life is hard enough with them when there happy but bloody terrible when there angry. I was once told that if women didn't have that furry thing between their legs they would be stacked ten high at the dump!