What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ELAZ 13d fuse

kradbuilder

Hi

just taken delivery of an SC500 at our local museum. when inspecting up the hole at the back i discovered laying in the dirt a fuse

it is marked ELAZ dvw42 13d

can anyone tell me about them please

tried searching but nothing comes up for a 13d

the sc500 came as a swop for a hampden wingtip - good swop eh

thanks

philip

Hey Philip! With your fuze the type designation ELAZ is missing? dvw= contractor, With your fuze the type designation ELAZ is missing? dvw= contractor, 13 supply in the year?

i guess you mean the number in the tiny circle next to ELAZ

it looks like 55

so i assume it is a type 55 fuse

me being new thought it was the 13d which specified the type

i will now search for type 55

thanks

philip

Schau hier!!!! Gru Harry

Attachments

• El.AZ 55.jpg
    El.AZ 55.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 30
  • El.AZ 55..jpg
    El.AZ 55..jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 69
  • El.AZ 55...jpg
    El.AZ 55...jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 35
Good swap indeed mate!.

Now about the fuze.. dvw the manufacturer is Schoeller & Co. elektrotech. Fabrik,Frankfurta/M.-Sud. Morfelder Landstr.117-119

best

waff

thanks guys

that is the little devil

the bottom looks a bit different, mine doesn't have the radial curved slots

knowing zero about these things, is there a quick guide somewhere on how they work

the wingtip went to RAFM cosford for their hampden restoration

decent blokes to do the swop for us eh

philip

philip

Hi Phil,

Have a gander around in the bomb fuze section. Im certain there are some write ups. You may have a type 25? As Spott says in earlier post,it would be good if you can grab pictures. :)

best

waff

Hi

just had a look at the fuse with a magnifying glass and the small number next to ELAZ is 55 (it is tiny)

i will have a bit of a search on how these things work

we do love our new bomb at the museum - we now need to get our man to make a tail for it and we can display it with our lumps of dornier bomb bay recovered from a dornier which was shot down in 1942

dornier 217E-4 wnr 1225 coded U5+AD

crew killed

here is a link to the details

http://www.aircrewremembrancesociety.com/luft1942/Beyerer.html

philip

thanks guys

that is the little devil

the bottom looks a bit different, mine doesn't have the radial curved slots

philip

no prob the early versions have no slots and is was made of aluminium, the fuze from fusse2004 is the late version with bakelite instead of aluminium