What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elaz 26 from Germany

satan18

Postie called with another reasonable fuse that will go along side the
other 26 i have.

Made for the 250 Kg petrol incendairy.

Very faint date but made by RHS 1939 so i was pleased with it.

Attachments

• ELAZ26 001.jpg
    ELAZ26 001.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 72
  • ELAZ26 002.jpg
    ELAZ26 002.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 60
nice fuze.. not seen a 26 before, any more details on operation known ? take it thats a repaint, is that the correct colour ??

Nice one Phil they are rarer than the (17) Fuzes and it has the second dummy plunger , usually only one is present in these fuzes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one Phil,looking good! :)
Is this the start of a pre-crimbo avalanche of fuzes?... ;)
Will text you on the way to my pals house.

best

waff

Nice one Phil they are rarer than the (17) Fuzes and it has the second dummy plunger , usually only one is present in these fuzes.

Thanks Steve

I am a little stumped on the function of the 26 ie was it a straight electicral impact fuse as they class these as "special purpose fuses" so i understand.

Best phil

Nice one Phil,looking good! :)
Is this the start of a pre-crimbo avalanche of fuzes?... ;)
Will text you on the way to my pals house.

best

waff

Thanks bud

I have a few odds and ends which are coming through gradually but at the moment its more of a trickle:tinysmile_angry_t:

Best phil

Hi phil
They have a pressure switch , thats the side circular piece this rested in the fuze pocket with the anti break up tube , this fuze should function just above the ground , but if it fails then the fuze functions as a normal ECR fuze.

nice fuze.. not seen a 26 before, any more details on operation known ? take it thats a repaint, is that the correct colour ??

Hi I must confess to not being to sure on the 26s functions although we should be enlightened very soon.

The photo is very dark and if you see the fuse in natural light it is a funny sort of green that looks blue ish.

I would say it is a repaint as it looks to nice but it is worn in all the right places which i assume is due to handeling or polishing as its origins are
unknown although it came from Germany this week.

Best phil

Hi phil
They have a pressure switch , thats the side circular piece this rested in the fuze pocket with the anti break up tube , this fuze should function just above the ground , but if it fails then the fuze functions as a normal ECR fuze.

Thanks Steve

which would make sense for a large petrol bomb to ignite above rather than in the ground,so only the addition of this switch seperates it from a
15 or a 25 for example. All clear now cheers

Best phil

Thanks Steve

which would make sense for a large petrol bomb to ignite above rather than in the ground,so only the addition of this switch seperates it from a
15 or a 25 for example. All clear now cheers

Best phil

Thats what makes the German stuff so Interesting, every single fuze has a different purpose and function. it is getting addictive, my Mills collection seems to be taking more and more of a back seat.

I see now that they come in two varieties: with or without the A plunger. In both cases the circuit is controlled by the B plunger. When the A plunger is present it doesn't do anything. Mine (ex Waffenamt) is of the no A plunger type (date 1940).

Thats what makes the German stuff so Interesting, every single fuze has a different purpose and function. it is getting addictive, my Mills collection seems to be taking more and more of a back seat.

Since moving away from British ordnance,mills included i to have found the German Ordnance much more varied and clever by design.

I have one mills bomb left now out of 50 or so i had,which is my little reminder on what they look like.

Best phil