What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

English bomb in Germany

Fusse2004

Premium Member
Thunder day 18.06.09 in Germany!!!!

Attachments

• 45431-Bombe Reststrauch 016.jpg
    45431-Bombe Reststrauch 016.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 45431-Bombe Reststrauch 034.jpg
    45431-Bombe Reststrauch 034.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 45431-Bombe Reststrauch 053.jpg
    45431-Bombe Reststrauch 053.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 45431-Bombe Reststrauch 014.jpg
    45431-Bombe Reststrauch 014.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 45431-Bombe Reststrauch 060.jpg
    45431-Bombe Reststrauch 060.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 145
Do you have pictures of the extraction, Please PM me if you do as RSP's are not acceptable on the forum

John P

Fusse, can U please send me specification or other detail of the tool U used to unscrew fuse?

Were is it in germany ??

this lokks like a normal field where this bomb is lying what kind of reason may behint that bomb position is there a industrial area there or any important ww2 targets where this bomb get droped this long time ago !!
or maybe only a saefty drop of a mistake of the crew ??

Anyone have a idea ??

Best regards David

Hi
I've never seen this very strange machine to neutralize a very simple pistol system we can see after.....

Good evening Gentlemen:hello:.

After observation of the machine, i think that this system can be used to withdraw the n 27, N0 30 .... english bomb fuzes. The rotating speed is relatively slow.

Could not be effective with a N 37 fuze which needs a super fast speed to withdraw the fuze before the striker reaches the igniter, like with a pownder turbine.

this lokks like a normal field where this bomb is lying what kind of reason may behint that bomb position is there a industrial area there or any important ww2 targets where this bomb get droped this long time ago !!
or maybe only a saefty drop of a mistake of the crew ??

Anyone have a idea ??

Best regards David

Hi Dave
A feild now,but 68 years ago this may have been a built up area and strange how these bombs get missed,or just left were it was as the vast amount of munitions dropped on germany must of been overwelming with
tons of duds.

Best phil