What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Estonian request

Yodamaster

Ordnance approved
Hi guys,

I'm here with two pictures of a projectile founded on an Estonian beach.
I've no more info that this two pictures. On the second one, the graduated ruler gives an approximate idea of the dimensions.The tail of the projectile resembles a mortar tail but there is no trace of wings.

Someone an idea ?

Yoda

Attachments

• Unknown Estonia.jpg
    Unknown Estonia.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Unknown Estonia-02.jpg
    Unknown Estonia-02.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 69
I have more info

Length: 650
Diameter: 128
Length of the head: 420

Head is made of a sort plastic, they could unscrew it and found this.

Unknown Estonia-03.jpeg

Radar reflector ?

Yoda

It certainly looks possible, but you have several locations in both the first set of photos and second which look as though they had lightweight explosive or pyrotechnic discharge. Anything suggest why? Deployment of any components perhaps?

It certainly looks possible, but you have several locations in both the first set of photos and second which look as though they had lightweight explosive or pyrotechnic discharge. Anything suggest why? Deployment of any components perhaps?

Another EOD Tech proposed this idea : "Decoy rocket / target aim for CIWS maybe !? "
Should it be possible ?

Yoda

I'm sure it is possible, but there would be a lot of safety concerns in regard to CIWS. Decoy rocket is an interesting thought.