What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excellent German 50kg.

waffenamt

Hi Chaps and Chapesses!

Let me give you a little background on this one.

I first saw it tucked away under some stairs in a pub many miles North from me.
Ive asked on various occasions if the landlords mate will sell it but to no avail.A shame really as its stuck there on that cradle going to waste.:tinysmile_angry2_t:

Well ol` waffs in the area today and so he took his digi-camera.
The pub wasnt open but the landlady kindly let me in to photo the bomb and then the damned batteries gave up so i only got a couple of shots in.:embarassed:

The bomb is in lovely condition with some of those scuff marks on the end like mine.
The Fuze is a type 55 but the numbers are the smallest ive ever seen in a circle?
The baseplate was loose but i didnt have time to play with the case as the landlady was off out.
I reckon its not what it says on the cradle label(Phosphurous bomb??)
I will keep trying my luck as said previous,its a shame its residing under those stairs when it should be in a collection for all to enjoy.
I lost the photos on my PC but found them in my `Trip to Archies` Folder,so dont get mixed up as its def not at Archies farm!

enjoy!

best

waff

Attachments

• Trip to Archies August 08 032.jpg
    Trip to Archies August 08 032.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 209
  • Trip to Archies August 08 033.jpg
    Trip to Archies August 08 033.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Trip to Archies August 08 034.jpg
    Trip to Archies August 08 034.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Nice one Paul thanks for shareing your not too far of aquasition?

tell me where it is and ill get my sgt to go along and ask where the FFE is for it then confiscate it :bigsmile:

Ahaaah! I wish it was that easy!

Im afraid the owner is adamant about keeping it but what a waste!

best

waff

Hi Waff

Thats a peach of a 50 with the right type of fuse in aswell.

You would have to go straight for the kill and wave some wadds under

the nose of the owner,judging by how much these things fetch now.

wouldnt that make a nice addition to keep your other one company.

How much for a set of locking rings these days?

Regards satan

Hi Phil,

Already tried twice with waving the notes but to no avail.:tinysmile_angry2_t:
Whats with the small numerals on the fuze head please?
I paid 250 for that one of mine and have offered the same for this lovely one too.
Such a shame that its just stashed and not on show at my house!:tinysmile_twink_t:
As for locking rings,i sent some away to a friend for de-rusting so i must chase those up...

best

waff

Hi Waff

sounds like your one was a complete steal as even mingers can fetch
more than that.

I have one or two fuses that have tiny stamps on, i dont know
maybe diferent batches or just simply using whats in front of them
at the time.

One of lifes little mysteries!

Regards
phil

Old thread i know but on looking at the pics again,has anyone ever seen that ink stamped 'P' on the fuze before?

W

Hi Chaps and Chapesses!

Let me give you a little background on this one.

I first saw it tucked away under some stairs in a pub many miles North from me.
Ive asked on various occasions if the landlords mate will sell it but to no avail.A shame really as its stuck there on that cradle going to waste.:tinysmile_angry2_t:

Well ol` waffs in the area today and so he took his digi-camera.
The pub wasnt open but the landlady kindly let me in to photo the bomb and then the damned batteries gave up so i only got a couple of shots in.:embarassed:

The bomb is in lovely condition with some of those scuff marks on the end like mine.
The Fuze is a type 55 but the numbers are the smallest ive ever seen in a circle?
The baseplate was loose but i didnt have time to play with the case as the landlady was off out.
I reckon its not what it says on the cradle label(Phosphurous bomb??)
I will keep trying my luck as said previous,its a shame its residing under those stairs when it should be in a collection for all to enjoy.
I lost the photos on my PC but found them in my `Trip to Archies` Folder,so dont get mixed up as its def not at Archies farm!

enjoy!

best

waff
I do like an old post,but this should realy be in the bag now matey

IN YOUR COLLECTION:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil

Whats in the background?

Yes, its lovely, but whats that box in the background? I can make out the date DATED 3 / 44 but what is it . Any ideas?
Cheers, Hangarman

Sorry hangarman,
I cant recall seeing that box.However next time im in the area i will take camera again.

cheers

waff