What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exerciser Vs bung ?

Yodamaster

Ordnance approved
Hello everybody,

I have see on an other ammunition site the picture of a "Ex EKZ 11 Gr". I am looking on the signification of this "Ex". I found everywhere that it will say "Exerciser". It should be a munition used for manipulation and not for training shot as a "bung".

What is the exact difference between the two designation ?

When was this designation used because I don't remember to have see a WW 2 ammunition as "Ex".

I can't post the picture actually, sorry. The man who posted the pic wrote that he have also an Ex HZ 05.

Yoda

Last edited:
Hello everybody,

I have see on an other ammunition site the picture of a "Ex EKZ 11 Gr". I am looking on the signification of this "Ex". I found everywhere that it will say "Exerciser". It should be a munition used for manipulation and not for training shot as a "bung".

You're absolutely on the right track, Yoda.
EX = Exerzieren means only manipulation, handling, drill and B = bung more extensive practice with some pyrotechnic effects (a little bang and/or smoke).

I'll come up soon with pics for a WWII example.

Thanks for quick answer Suddelmuk,

have you some other examples of this kind of fuzes ?
Now, I'm sure of one thing, "Ex" will say Exerzieren and not Exerciser ! My german is worse than my english ! Sorry to all !

Yoda