What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exploded Mills 36

pointblank0

BOCN Supporter
Had to share it. Thought it looked great.

Attachments

• Image0036.jpg
    Image0036.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Image0037.jpg
    Image0037.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 88
Great

Awesome pointblank0, is that the one from dugup? That would be THE centerpiece for any Mills collection. Looks totally wicked...Dano

Cheers Dano. Yeah that's right, from Dugup. Saw it and had to have it. Can't display my grenades at the moment properly though as waiting to move house, but it will be a centre piece I think

badabing

Bud you musta just got that one, I was trying to reserve a 1917 German rifle grenade they had, when that failed I tried to reserve the exploded Mills. You musta got it in a nick of time. Great score...Dano

I saw it on there when it was just posted I think and didn't think about it. I'm sure my impulse buying will get me in trouble one day!

interesting item indeed, Pointblank.
I'm amazed by the very rough fragmentation, thought the ribbed body should deliver much smaller splinters. possibly a failure?

Ah so it was you that beat me to it! Nice display item, I also was going to use it as a centrepiece for grenade exhibit.
All best,
navyman.

Interesting item Pointblank
It doesn`t appear to have fragmented very well - allthough thats a plus for you!

Pointblanko,
No need to apologise, but will race you for the next similar example that turns up.
First come first served!
All best,
navyman.

By the way Paul, they're great. How long did it take to get hold of all them? I haven't seen anymore.
Cheers,
Rob

exploded kugel

I do so like the partially exploded grenades. Here is a partly exploded m1915 German WWI kugel grenade in my collection that is the centerpiece of my German WWI grenades. It even has what's left of the original fuze in it. They are generally not expensive and add versatility to your collection...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 171.jpg
    Picture 171.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Picture 170.jpg
    Picture 170.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture 172.jpg
    Picture 172.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 12
done

I'm going to say it is done. Was going to try and find some corrugated tin for outside wall but gave up on that one. I still may go with some tin inside and out if some comes my way. Also my plastic shelving in bunker is temporary until I build better ones with wood. Also would not mind adding an "officers table" set-up on inside...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 173.jpg
    Picture 173.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 174.jpg
    Picture 174.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Picture 175.jpg
    Picture 175.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 176.jpg
    Picture 176.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Picture 177.jpg
    Picture 177.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 13
Really nice mate. Good idea about the officers table with field phone and stuff would look great. A job well done.