What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Export Licenses?

clancey2651

I was trying to purchase a couple of the no. 69 grenade bodies from Jeremey and he stated that he would have to have an export license in order to process the sale, and the price of the items was not worth the hassling with getting that license.

My question is what are these export licenses? Who has to get them and what do they do? Any information would be appreciated. It would tell me if I should simply not bother trying to obtain any inert ordnance from the British side of the pond or not.

Thanks to all in advance.

I was trying to purchase a couple of the no. 69 grenade bodies from Jeremey and he stated that he would have to have an export license in order to process the sale, and the price of the items was not worth the hassling with getting that license.

My question is what are these export licenses? Who has to get them and what do they do? Any information would be appreciated. It would tell me if I should simply not bother trying to obtain any inert ordnance from the British side of the pond or not.

Thanks to all in advance.

Jeremy lives in the UK? Dunno why he would need that. I've succesfully sent/received INERT grenades from the US. All packages were opened bu the customs, but that's no problem.

This is his business address:

Jeremy Tenniswood
36 St Botolph's Street
Colchester
Essex
CO2 7EA
United Kingdom

As I said, I don't know much at all about such licenses or the requirements for their use, so am seeking any info I can get on them.

I just got this response back from Jeremey:

"They are a Government to Government control of the Export of War Material. For 20.00 it just not worth considering I'm afraid."

That tells me a bit more anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got this response back from Jeremey:

"They are a Government to Government control of the Export of War Material. For 20.00 it just not worth considering I'm afraid."

That tells me a bit more anyway.

Mhmm perhaps he's right. I suggest you try to find someone else to sell some to you.

Dave

Just a stupid (?) comment without knowing your national rules at both ends, but isn't war materiel live ordnance only? Inert and free to purchase and own items not?
We have had the same discussion in my country a few times and the rules are clear - inert/deactivated items are not restricted nor need any kind of licenses to export or import.