What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fake barbed wire for display

18pounder

Helllo
thought i'd post this here as i posted it in the wrong place before i think.

Anyway,made this about three years ago for a childrens halloween party (we had a german mine field in the garden!)

Its also ideal to be used as a prop in a trench or just to display with your stuff.

you will need:

ball of twine/string
PVA glue
acrylic paints- rusty r,black,silver.

First pull off a long lenth and double it over.
Put pencill or piece of wood in loop and twist round untill required twist is acheived.

tie both ends to something so you have it stretched out like a washing line.
Coat it well with PVA glue.
Let dry over night.
To make barbs either cut short lenghts and make the correct twist or cut short pieces and make a knott every 2inches or so.

LET DRY
Next trim al loose ends with nail clippers to make sharp points.
Finally paint the whole thing,depending how new or old you want your wire to look by using rusty red and a hint of steel (silver)
I painted mine by dunking into black to start with then adding ageing effect later.
If you want the wire to hold its own shape,then add a lenth of thin wire twisted with the string.
hope i havent bored you with this post.
Have fun!

Attachments

• barbed wire 001.jpg
    barbed wire 001.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 70
Not bored at all 18 pounder, gives me ideas for my trench. Thanks for the detailed post...Dano
Thanks mate
i do post alot,but i'm passionate about it thats all i just dont want folk to think ''not him again!''

would look good on your trench though!
give it ago!

doug

I work in the film industry here on Ontario, on several ocassions we have used differant types of rubber "barbed wire" Can't tell it's not real until you handle it...gotta get some for myself next time we use it!!!

Dean

Thanks mate
i do post alot,but i'm passionate about it thats all i just dont want folk to think ''not him again!''

would look good on your trench though!
give it ago!

doug
I am all over it 18 pounder. I really like your methods on this one, and I could litter it in "no mans land" wlolesale...Dano