What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite pieces in your collection?

Spaceinvader

Hello!
I love seeing others collections, and I thought we could do a type of, show-and-tell. (not that we dont everyday anyways haha :) ) But what are some of your favorite pieces in your collection? Can be anything, artillery rounds, casings, rifle cartriges, grenades ect! For me it has to be the 30mm APDS-T for armor testing. I hope to see others share theirs aswell!
Rhys

Attachments

• DSCN1656[1].jpg
    DSCN1656[1].jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 71
Difficult. I have several rare items, but I like my WW2 30,5 cm M16 cases the best! I guess I go for size ;-)

Attachments

• 30.5cm M16 cases.jpg
    30.5cm M16 cases.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 30.5cm M16 CZ.jpg
    30.5cm M16 CZ.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 30.5cm M16 DE.jpg
    30.5cm M16 DE.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 83
Very good idea to me also like to see photos of other collections ... :)
You always learn something new.Type only ammunition used by the Spanish Armada in its CIWS Meroka
"Close-in Weapon System"
IMG_3010-B.jpg

The one i like the best is the 40,6 case i have. As Hoeksel already said, i'm into the biggies.

Attachments

• km019b.jpg
    km019b.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 85
My Basque 9mm Largo round.

Basque20Largo20001.jpg

Those are some big casings Hoeksel and TheKees, what where they used on? Im guessing massive artillery pieces? And Nice rounds Hasag, I love APDS and APFSDS ammunition. And jonnyc, I have never seen one of those before, what was it made for?

The 40,6 was te proposed successor for the 38 cm C/34, these guns should be mounted on the H class battleships. however, due to the fate of the Bismarck, the H class was not ordered. after this decision, the guns, already produced, were placed in coastal gun batteries. A few in Norway, and a battery in France, Battery Lindeman, named after the captain/commander of the bismarck.

For my favorite, I'll stick to my first love, the 20x102's :xd:

Favorites are the DS rounds, and particularly the experimental APFSDS round in my collection.

APFSDS_projectile and case.jpg

From L to R : APFSDS, Mk149Mod1 (DU), Mk149Mod2 (DU), Mk149Mod4 and Mk244Mod0

Attachments

• apds.jpg
    apds.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 45
The 30,5 cm M1916 Skoda gun was a siege howitzer, used to break large concrete bunkers and fortresses.

Hard one!....got to be the 20x110 hispano part of my collection,closely followed by the 20x110 Oerlikons!

P8310001.jpg

Pretty cartridges and nice collection of 20x102, congratulations orpheus72
Pretty cartridges and 20x110, congratulations smle2009

Saludos...:)

My Kaiserliche marine M/03 sprengpatrone used by ww1 German subs takes the cake. Low tech method to sink ships when the enemy was not in site, used to save on torpedoes and artillery shells. Also extremely handy to sink your own submarine in combination with a torpedo warhead when the situation asked for it (boarding, unable to dive).
I am still looking for a zundsnur anznder ww1 German for it (it was made of wood).
image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Orpheus, how hard is it to get a 20mm DU APDS? I have always wanted one but never seen one for sale.

Not that hard if you know the correct persons and have a lot of trade items...(Thanks again Imaokie :tinysmile_fatgrin_t)

But i'm not sure if they're 'the real deal', as both of them were factory inert
the Mk149Mod1 has a penetrator, the Mk149Mod2 doesn't...
Guess the Mod1 has a steel/tungsten penetrator inside... When i ever have the chance to hold it close to a radiation detector i'll let you know ;-)