What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fired littlejohn query

SG500

Premium Member
I've attached a couple of photos of some fired littlejohn projectiles.
I've had the good condition one for years and had assumed it was a 40mm/2pounder one
BUT
when I cleaned it yesterday it obviously wasn't! Its got 37mm stamped into it:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
So, I'm happy with that, 37mm littlejohns being even harder to find than 40mm ones.

I now have a problem, the other one I have I had also assumed was a 40mm but it appears to be identical to the 37mm one apart from having a longer rear skirt so I'm leaning towards 37mm. Both the 40mm and 37mm when fired squeeze down to 30mm so that doesn't give me any clue (they both measure at 30mm diameter) and the one that's in poor condition doesn't have clear enough stampings on it to tell me.

Does anyone have any photographs or specimens of fired 40mm/2pounder littlejohns they can post on the forum please and if so can you confirm the length of a fired one?

Both are INERT etc.

Thanks.

DaveFired littlejohn 001.jpgFired littlejohn 002.jpg

Thanks Weasel, I completely missed that post!
Mmmmmm.........isn't that board just fantastic!!
Dave.