What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Mills 36

BrunoH

Hi gentlemen,
I'm not an expert on that subject but I've finally found my first Mills 36.
So don't hesitate to make any comment about it.
Thanks in advance

Face_1.jpgFace_3.jpgFace_2.jpgDessous.jpgDessus.JPGMarq_3.JPGMarq_2.jpgMarq_1.JPG

Regards

very nice kenrick & sons 36 m mk1 mills you have there.definate refinish though .i have one in original condition:)

Yes, a nice Kenrick No 36, with what looks like a good dose of varnish to give it a shiny appearance and then re-painted with period colours and markings.

They wouldn't have originally been as well finished as that, but a nice display piece all the same.:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Hi,
Sorry for the delay. Thanks for your comments. Concerning the condition, I didn't apply any vanish or anything else. The previous owner doesn't make any restoration too...
So if your feeling is that it has been vanished, I believe you.
If there is any detail or part of this item that may confirm that, don't hesitate to tell me where to search for such sign or mark.
Thanks in advance.
Regards

Kenrick actually made all the parts to their grens, bodies, levers base plugs and centre tubes and all were marked with a K. Dont know whether they did the filler screws or the strikers and springs but wouldnt be suprised if they did. Tom would probably be able to confirm this. That not withstanding, nice gren but a mix of parts not all original to the gren.

Andy

Nice condition but as Andy says a mix of bits. A good start to a Mills collection. I started with 1 as well. Now keeping about 50.

John