What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flak 18 3.7cm

Hi Rick,
That looks to me like a HE projectile for the 3.7cm PaK case.
Best Regards Weasel.

This one is correct for this 37x265B Flak case. Rick, can you check if the walls of the projectile are comparetively thin. If so you have scarce "M" projectile for the airborne version of the 37mm-

EOD

I don't have a way to measure exactly, but the wall thickness is in the 4mm range.

Regards

Rick

The sticker says: GERMAN FLAK18 w/BR HE Proj.

Two more questions:

1. What does the BR stand for in the labeling as mentioned in the previous posting?

2. Anybody got a sectioned drawing? I've searched the intraweb(and here), to no avail.

Rick

In German Br is abreviation of "Brand" = Incendiary. Original marking for HE-Incendiary is Sprg-Br. I assume that the person who wrote the label didn't know what Br means and just left it as "BR"? ( In case the shell is a "Sprg-Br" and not "M" )

Last edited:
Am still looking for info on this round. Not a lot out there, or else I'm looking in the wrong place.

Rick

They are not easy to find. You have to check if the case has only one or two crimping lines, if two the case is not right for that shell.

Attachments

• pzb6.jpg
    pzb6.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 70
Miguel

Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. There is evidence of only one crimp ring, so am going with that - they are mates.

So, should I do a restoration on the projectile? Paint/lettering? Or leave it alone?

Rick

Flak cases 1941 dated and iron made are not easy to find either. If you can find a 1943/44 primer you will have a complet nice piece. Im not friend of restore items, so that it is up to you.

Miguel

On the restoration issue - me either. Unless it is in relic condition, I never change anything. And, anybody with an extra, proper primer: please contact me.

Rick

The C33 primers with that dates are not easy to find in loose condition, I usually buy a complet case and take off the primer I need :)

Rick,
I have a handful of small primers for spare, however years only between 1936-42. They are mostly brass and many of steel have heavily corroded heads.
I have only one marked C/33 as you see on top row and it's of brass.
The steel ones on down are 2 pcs marked C/13 n.A. St. and third one is unmarked ( I have several unmarked large C/12 n.A. St. primers as well ).

If you think you can use any of these just drop me a PM.

A stupid question but can someone explain me what is difference between C/13 n.A. and C/33? I thought it was different slots for key but those in my picture do not match with this theory.

Attachments

• C-13.jpg
    C-13.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 29