What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flak 18 3.7cm

On to the pointy end, my fuze differs from that depicted in the previously posted drawing. The pictured one is marked: 3.7cm Kpf.zznl. Fg.k

Mine is marked: 3.7cm Kpf.Z.Zert.Fg.

bzp. K43

with 137 on the other side.

As well, it has a bit different profile and no wrench/setter notches, but does have a spanner hole.

Found difference between C/13 and C/33 - they have differently shaped flash holes in anvil.

Mine is marked: 3.7cm Kpf.Z.Zert.Fg.

That one is correct. There was also the ZerlZ 20 for the "M" projectile but it is quite rare.

Grenademan, the range of 37mm AA fuzes is about 5 if I recall it right.
Like:
3,7cm KzZerlZ P and Pv
3,7cm KzZerlZ Fg
ZZ16
ZerlZ 20
ZerlZ 21
+ experimental and small scale late war production

The KZ 20, fits in shape but is not intended for the 37x265B.

Last edited:
Also the Pv St, MP, Errst, if you put the different designations there are a lot. With the 3,7cm PAK just the AZ39, it is easier here ;).

Also the Pv St, MP, Errst, if you put the different designations there are a lot. With the 3,7cm PAK just the AZ39, it is easier here ;).

ErsSt would be no fuze by itself, just a dummy plug, there were several types then which also would fit the Pal and the naval M42 resp. C/36. Never seen a Pv St, you got images?

The Pak also used the 3,7cm KzZerlZ P with dectivated SD train (red nose marking) on the first adapted HE projectiles which were taken from the Flak since the Pak had initially no HE.

No pics, just a reference at an old manual. And yes for the PAK, but for collectors the AZ39 is the "official" fuze for the 3,7cm PAK.

I would not say that manuals are wrong, BUT especially in German ordnance there are several manuals of different age and information presented in those is sometimes changing a bit as per normal development.

On a lighter note, is there a source of gaines/boosters available for the projectile? Could use one.

Rick

You mean the threaded detonator for the fuze? These are around for very small money. The tracer screw is much more difficult to find since it is a special one used only with this projectile.

EOD

Yes, the FUZE det/gaine/booster. My mistake. A tracer element for the base would be nice, as well. Those two pieces would complete the round.

Rick